The Power of Self Confidence

Some days in life your vision becomes background as obstacles force themselves to foreground. Remember you are the painter. Paint your vision,not your view of the environment! Corey Graham 2.0 N

In the last 24 hours one of my major insecurities has been completely presented to me once again.
Since I started this blog, it has really evolved and changed names and appearance, and even url names.
Today, it is http://coreykgrahamphilosophy.blogspot.com

The basic concept is for me to actively document those breakthroughs I make in life.
I am currently challenged in by the amount of income I generate for different reasons.

In our Caribbean society we know how this could be a very emotional topic. Whether we want to admit it or not we grow up conditioned to a particular approach or perspective I life.

As I actually look back on my childhood and adolescent days I realize that many of the dreams they sold us in school actually has done many of us a disservice.

Change, creativity, ideas, action, vision are all things that somehow seem to elude us. Maybe it is because of lack of stories to reinforce the points that we can be better. We can effect change from whatever position we are at. Simply by taking conscious steps daily to a particular goal. The kind of momentum that can generate as other people see the steps you are taking...

Ah I digress,

One thing this blogging of the significant breakthroughs in my life have been able to teach me is that, to go to the next level. The steps are pretty simple
Self realization (where EXACTLY are you right now)
Self acceptance (I know where I am right now and I accept it. This is me. not imagining the abs that not really there)
Self confidence. ( I believe I can make a change in my life)
Self worth (I believe I deserve more)

Now the most interesting thing is that we always check our self confidence as a general thing, but really it is not. Your confidence varies for different areas of your life. And when we approach the question,
Do you have a strong self confidence?

It is actually the average of your self confidence in several different areas of life,
Appearance
Your work
Your marketability
Intelligence
To present to people
Creativity

Lots and lots more areas. You need to consider. As we grow up in some cases we had bad experiences and we never allowed ourselves enough room to explore a particular area. E.g. Getting laughed at in 1st form while reading for the class.

I find it interesting how people think I a such a positive person, yet I feel like I am just at 60 % there is a long lime of stuff I need to deal with to have a truly positive approach to such a situation. To have true confidence in who I am. In some cases we can base our confidence on things external to us,

- Things people we are good at
- If he can do that I can do it
- things we hate and say we are confident we will never do
- family history
Etc


We been taught how to limit ourselves. We limit ourselves by what people think about us, or even what they don't think about us.
I am now appreciating first hand how important is to break this thinking. Live life without limits. With some boundaries, but without limits.
I am can now see clearly how we might need people to offer perspectives or insights on situations, which will enable us to discover new things. However we should not depend on others.

The challenge is that some of these limitations are so deeply rooted and emotional it does take a very long time for them the heal. It is a process, but it can be done.

With a big goal, and some time spent sitting and understanding and learning and dreaming with yourself to overcome it.

I am doing it, you can join me in doing it too.
Corey Graham 2.0
http://www.coreykgraham.com
(Check My Biz Blog, Entertainment blog & more)

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device

0 Responses