Being Strong and Fear of falling from Grace

They say don't keep things in your head because you will just find yourself stressed out.

I have been feeling stressed these last weeks and I want to make an admission to you.

Being Strong
Now I have always been passionate about helping people and one of my things has always been to be in a place where is am able to be strong enough to help my people when they are in need.
I guess a lot of this tended to be more the emotional challenges the plague us all. I don't want to be necessarily the next Dr. Phil or anything. But I want to be able to help out when it is asked of me.
I hated when I would be paralysed and become stiff when people would be going thru rough times and want to lean on me. I was not sure what to do, what to say.
When all they really needed was that key piece of wisdom at the right time and the right place to cause all the difference!
Well I have improved greatly on myself and I am now less inclined to become stiff when someone needs a listening ear and or a key piece of wisdom to set them on a path for them to discover the answer they are seeking.
Over the last few days, there have been a few people who needed a listening ear or some key piece of wisdom or even just their thoughts re affirmed.....

Fear Falling From Grace
Well I was having some challenges of my own, things had been changing I started asking myself if I was good enough to get what I needed to do done?
Was I in over my head in my responsibilities?

And with some others around me having some major events happening in their lives and verbalising them to me. I began to ask myself the one question that has been the source of a fear that has stunted my growth previously. It has been one of the main questions that I have pondered on since I was 1 years old.
That question was
...are the walls caving in? Am I falling from Grace? Falling down from my position on the mountain top?

And you know its a hell of a question to ask yourself. It blurs your reality so fast your bearing begin erode! You find yourself a bit directionless and beyond that you wondered if you were ever on the right track at all. Everything becomes fuzzy!
For me it became hard to be positive, it was harder to control emotions, harder to make decisions, harder to be positive. Harder to be have a steady hand even in dealing with the simplist things. You even forget you even had goals. Bad habit start to form...

But I had to stop to say no to it all!
No there is not a right way. There is not one particular path.

'Life is a journey, just enjoy each stage' Karen L Richardson.

We have all heard this before but this time it really hit me. Its not even a journey to a destination then you stop. Its just a journey. Around the world in 80 days we say!

So there is no fall from grace, there is just another step which you choose. Its boy like the last step, its just a new step.

The next step whatever it may be, will be bringing new challenges. Well my friends the real question is are you going to step down or step up? Corey Graham 2.0


Corey Graham 2.0
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from Cable & Wireless

0 Responses