Making a Real Decision

In the world today be place a lot of emphasis on decision making and who is the decision maker. But it only hit me recently.... Do I really know what a good decision looks like? There is certainly not a lot of readily available literature or experts around we can walk up to and say. Teach me how to make good decisions.

This is something I have certainly wrestled with in the last weeks.

I have realised in the last few months that in general we make a lot of conversational decisions. What's a conversational decision? Something we say to keep the conversation going but we haven't taken the time to really commit to that decision.
'Yeah man I going to have to start hitting the gym, infact I will do it next week!'

Ah now you know what I am talking about! Let me take if futher new years resolutions... I know you with me now.
You know we sometimes don't grasp the magnitude of what we are saying with new years resolutions.
This means in June or list of resolutions is still valid, not forgotten.

So we are think now but hmmm, what about if I don't want to do the resolution anymore.... I think that is fine once you made a conscious decision to stop. And of course living with the consequences
Do we do that or do we just discard the documents relating to our new years resolutions court case as null and void? Something we forget? Well we didn't really think it was possible.
In the last week or so I have really understood what it meant to make a real decision. For me waking up. I always go to bed when I a tired. The exception to this is when I am very tired. Often times its at the moment that I hit the bed that I decide when is a good time to wake up. Its always been well I want to wake up 8 pm but anytime before 10 is good.
Lol, and well you know when I was getting up just about 10.

I realised when I have something where I need to definately get up early. I would almost always be up on time. Ready to go. But on the average day. It was hell to wake up.
So I make a more adequate decision recently to get up at a particular time and now I seem to be a lot more willing to drag myself out of bed than before when I was rolling out of bed sometimes a good 2 hours after I first opened my eyes and looked at my clock and said to myself, ok time to get up Corey.
So the power of making a strong decision in AT THE TIME it needed to be made has definately has paid off for me.

What decision are you putting off to be made after its appointed time?
Corey Graham 2.0
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from Cable & Wireless

0 Responses