REALISM

Wow, this is an interesting topic!

Just what is real?

Thinking about it some more and you got to wonder, what about believing in dreams?
You know what they say, act as though the dream is real and it will happen...

You know, think about it, have you ever heard anyone say,

"Don't worry everything is going to work
out fine"

"Just look on the positive side of things"

"Live your dreams"

"It's all in your mind"


Then you're going to have those celebrities who came from humble beginnings saying, they go back to where they were raised ever so often because they want to "keep it real"

Just what is real ?

What do you think Morpheus of the movie The Matrix will say?
Hmmmm
Reality is just a matter of perception,
Its just another level of consciousness?

Even my own concept for Drenalin embrace this line of thought.

Drenalin is a Dream
A perception of a "REALITY" that exists in the mind.......

Hmmmm,
Then you are going to have Jack Welch the man who is a legend of leadership for his accomplishments with GE Electric while he was CEO at that company,
You are going to hear this extremely successful man say to you.

"See reality as it is not as it was or as it will be or as you think it should be....See reality as it is. And make decisions based on reality.

So wait..... hold on.....aren't we told to make decisions based on your dreams and what we want to accomplish?

It would seem like a conflict to the "live your dream" positive-type mentally.
Where's the great hope, the great hope that makes the big success stories of your favourite sportsman, whose when all seems to be lost and they come through big and win the game for the team.

I personally, Didn't really grasp this "realism", esp. when it came to going after those dreams... But recent events have helped me to clarify it this "reality"

You ever heard anyone say, set realistic goals?
This has not been my strength. I haven't always been the best planner. And often my creativity helps to get me out of challenging situations I end up in
I used to always set unrealistic goals, I remember I set-up a schedule for myself and forgot to include sleeping/rest and relaxation time. Lol

So I have derived a short little saying from all my ponderings

-----
Realism is an important part of life and while dreaming and wishing for the future remember what's happening today Is real, and marry the realism of today with the dream of tommorrow. Corey Graham.

Also something else that was very helpful was John Maxwell's stages that he went through, to become a more realistic thinker

1. I do not engage in realistic thinking
2. I do not like realistic thinking
3. I will let someone else do realistic thinking
4. I will do realistic thinking only after I am in trouble.
5. I will do realistic thinking before I am in trouble.
6. I will continually make realistic thinking a part of my life
7. I will encourage my key leaders to do realistic thinking
8. I will make realistic thinking the foundation of our business.
9. I derive certianity and security from realistic thinking.
10. I rely heavily on facts and make judgement based on the worse case scenario.

Where are you??

Let me keep it real, I wrote most of this on the bus, and the rest when I got home....
Corey Graham
Sent via BlackBerry,


MSN:drenalinproductions@hotmail.com
YAHOO:drenalinproductions@yahoo.com
AIM:drenalinenergy

http://creativecorey.hi5.com

www.drenalinproductions.com/D'Studio

0 Responses