Decisions, Decisions - Effective Decision makers make bad decisions too

Recently I was introduced to the concept of an effective decision maker.

An effective decision maker is one who is not afraid of making decisions in a timely fashion. When they make a bad decision, do you know what they do?

That's right they make another decision.

Decision making is one skill which I have been focusing at improving. I have had a habit of making decisions too late.

As I looking deeper into this idea of decision making it came to me that a lot of us don't make decisions effectively.
In some cases we might have 2 options to take and we wait so long to make a decision that one option is taken from us. Which is bad, but what is even worse is that we feel good about it. We feel good that we don't have to make a decision any longer.
The worry and wondering is gone and we can just get to the action. Even worse is that sometimes we feel like we have made an effective decision.

Yeah this is a mindset that really puts a lid on where we want to go, and being able to get what we want.

I am really getting to appreciate that now.

Recently I had been watching an episode of House, where Dr House's team felt that they should do 2 tests because there was nothing else to try. Dr House said no for no other reason than it was a weak decision. They were at a brick wall and House felt that making such a decision was starting down a path that would lead to more weak decision.

That really shocked me. Really rocked something in me. How many things we do in your fast paced lives today which are not conscious decisions?

What was you last week like?

Corey Graham 2.0
Blog : http://www.coreykgraham.com/blog/

or view on ur cell : http://mobile.coreykgraham.com


Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from Cable & Wireless

0 Responses