Basketball Practice what an experience

Well to start at the beginning nearing the end of 2007 I looked at my goals, and I realised the only goal I would have failed in was getting exercise.
Then next thing I know a friend of mine is inviting me to practice for with his basketball team.
I was so worried about being unfit, it not working it into my schedule etc etc. Fear was taking me, after all I didn't play in 2 years!!
But I went... I just decided to commit to it.
I was sooo unfit, löl it was terrible. I was dead after the warm up jog around the court!
Lol yeah it was terrible. But somehow I managed through. The players though, were telling me that I still look good for a guy who didn't play basketball in 2 years!!

I should state that I never met someone who was more disciplined that me and focused that I was about basketball.
I put in the hours. You can ask my friends too, every analogy I could come up with was ALWAYS basketball. Lol.
Actually I think I pushed myself so much that I lost my love basketball. And I guess I allowed the forces around me to tell me it was not a priority in my life.

But tonite after going to practice let me tell you really enjoyed the heavy breathing the fatigue, even more.
I also found the coach to be very knowledgeable about the game and also the players passionate to play.
One guy asked the coach if he is seeing an improvement in his game! Did I play better today coach?
Man and I thought wow, guys coming out to just play basketball because they love it. The coach coaching because they love it.
For all the complex things in life and my days of worrying and wondering about the future.
It was really a sweet relief to be in this environment we all laughed and had fun playing ball.
There was a clear line of command too with the coach and captain.
It was just wonderful, to I guess be a part of a team, practicing and training to a simple and common goal.
You were told how to improve. I guess maybe it means I need to seek mentors in a serious way for the other parts of my life.
But once again being on a basketball court is really a feeling of relief, and freedom from the complexities of life.
I get really convicted about being on a team and I want to be able to build good strong teams in my life. I want to play my position whatever that is and do what is good for a team.
That's me.
I know that I want to build teams to make things happen.

Hmmm that I what I loved about 300, there was a lot of things in 300 but that core team spirit of Spartans was

Now I know that.

Corey Graham 2.0
Corey Graham 2.0
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from Cable & Wireless

0 Responses