Solid Start to 2008

I have been excited for 2008 to start I wanted it to signal the launch of CG 2.0 - Corey Graham in a new more ingested version. Living within my environment in harmony.
One of my key aims with this new level was to make sure I take the time to plan more and to be proactive.
And I was getting all excited about the feeling of having life all planned out and going thru the days like a breeze because all the work is on time etc.
And you know I woke up the first day in 2008 with a cold, annoying the hell out of me, I could barely get the planning I wanted done to get the first week in 2008 going well.

I just rested in hope that it will go away, but it lingered into the next day....

But as I woke on the first morning of 2008 I felt this overpowering need to be disciplined. To stop dreaming of things as harder than they actually are. To stop playing up this cold as it would overpower me. To not throw my hands in the air saying I am doomed for the rest of 2008.
Instead I got up, and slowly too time to get myself up to speed on what was going on and how I was feeling.

A few things crossed my mind
My mentor (I call him this because his words have had a profound affect on who I am today)-
John C Maxwell in essence said the road is not going to be nice and tidy, its going to be a bit messy, things are not going to be perfect, but it is going to be sticking to the path that is important.
Nose running-

300 - The movie
I could not get this movie out my head. The whole concept of what it take to be called a Spartan. Here is the part that grabbed me.
"manufactured by 400 years of Spartan warrior society"

Look what it said "MANUFACTURED by 400 years of Spartan warrior society"

This is no training camp this shit is live and its happened, its happening now and it can happen.

Yeah I certainly heard that call.

And then how the movie ends drawing the parallel between and 8 year old boy standing up to a wolf and killing it.
To a Spartan King standing up to a tyrant and dying in battle.

Then I stopped and I became thankful for a same cold to prepare me for a bigger situation.
A confidence I feel now. Fear too, yes.
But ask a Spartan fear is always present but you do not have to accept it.


Corey Graham 2.0
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from Cable & Wireless

0 Responses