Time and Season

Ecclesiates 3



1) To every thing there is a season, a time to every purpose under the heaven : .....



14).... I know that there is no good in them but for a man to rejoice and do good in his life.



I do no seek to tell you about your religion. But the above quote came from a bible and it certainly caused me to take a time to reflect and over the past months more than ever there are times for everything.



One of the more crippling underlying concepts in my life has been my refusal to appreciate the seasons and times in my life. My lack of performance in some basketball games for example was because I truly did not appreciate that it was GAME TIME, is NOT the time for going thru the paces and feeling out the plays. It was a time to be on point. To get the job done.



For many of us the season for preparation passes us by. Time to 'lie low' save some money and learn some new skills. And get ready to be out there when the harvest season rolls around.



And still there is time, short range, days and weeks. We know we set aside a time for exercising, for reading, for planning.

Maybe its weekly, or daily tasks you have listed to be done.

And its easy to fool ourselves that something is important. And we can shift our daily tasks, but you know what happens. We never get back to the new years resolution to exercise everyday at 5 PM.



Ask yourself right now what time is it? What is the season?



Ecclesiates 3

1) To every thing there is a season, a time to every purpose under the heaven : .....



So I will look at my list of things I want to do, and see which of them whose time has come.



Another thing we usually fail to appreciate is that if there is a time for everything, there is a time to change gears. Get out of the harvest season and back into spring season.



Learn to deal with the passage of time, on your Journey.



This is D'Journey.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from Cable & Wireless
0 Responses