Happy birthday to me

It's my 25th birthday and its the first time I am making a big deal about my birthday in 25 years. having a birthday that falls in the first week of school a new school usually meant that the freshness of new beginnings always seemed to take away a little steam.
And after school was over I made sure I kept the celebratioon small. And it was in that time that I had a revalation.

The Revalation

I spent a lot of my birthdays waiting for other people to take the initiative for making me feel great on my birthday. You know but I realised that even if they did I shouldn't be allowing my happiness on my moment of time to be totally dependant on those around me. And their perceptions of me. I had to be responsible for my happiness, and in turn those around you will have a better idea, of how they can do their small part to help the day become memorable.

What is the key thing that made in memorable?

Well for me it was a day to focus on myself, what I want?, what do I have? where am I going? Where have I been? What do I need? Who do I want to become?

I guess there is a lot about ourselves we tend to ignore and not notice. Like when we are in pain, or things are rough. We hate to sit and truly make an effort to make things better for ourselves.

What I did on my last few birthdays?

For the past few birthdays I sat down and focused on me. I did thing just because I wanted to do them, lol. I 'dressed up' in a shirt I liked to go to work.
Took some time to work on www.drenalinproductions.com
Hugged my mother
A few times I even called people that helped me thru rough patches and just said thanks.
And sometimes just did things I wanted to do but I feared. I didn't let dear rob me of having a good day.
I rejuvenated myself and truly enjoyed the day and lived some of my dreams in a small way.
Rid myself of some insecurities and fears.

I made myself important to me, and then others reinforced my important in their lifes. And I let persons know that they were important in my life.

All in all I found my birthdays to be s much more satisfying and joyful experience. And I have become a better person since I started do this....

The conclusion of a revalation
There was nothing fake, it was all genuine, authenic, enjoyable and most of all inspirational and enjoyable.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from Cable & Wireless

0 Responses