Closing a Chapter

Yesterday was my final day at NCO Financial Services, to allow me to go back full time into entertainment working with Boomtribe.

Now I have taken this step as it brings me closer to my goals of being able to enhance caribbean culture.

More on that later.

But this one is about NCO. I started out NCO at a place in my life where I been trying various things in business and they didn't quite work out for me, and I needed money, wisdom and confidence in myself fast.
NCO was the place I found refuge. With my first pay check, I bought 3 business books, that helped to set me on a firm grow trend. I was then promoted in less than 3 months, to the post of RTA.
This was a post that helped me to realise my some of my potential, forcing me to develop systems and ways of excuting tasks, that was really fulfilling. I learnt that the "perfect" system, developed in the vacuum of your head was a very much ineffective way of getting things to work. Designing systems which took into account the people involved and getting ideas from them to be a far superior system to the "perfect" system.

I found my abilities to present data in a way which was usable was another passion. Mircosoft Excel became my tool for communicating the problems which were being created. I grew from strength to strength in doing this. This was most certainly my strength.

Hmm, after getting the basic systems in place I realised that as the centre grew and the problems became more complex that I had to apply sometimes zero-lined focus to one task. In some cases this meant no lunch and ignoring emails, and other small nagging issues which needed to be fixed.
Armed with my excel and these understandings, it helped me to pull apart a significant problem being faced in centre, and develop a report which was able to identify the problem.

Hmmmmm, of yeah I bought my first ever camera from NCO and used the office events and personnel to help hone my skills along with my event photography at boomtribe.... Lol let me leave the photography alone if not this email will never end.

Well the people, I realised that I had an ability to be a comedian and with the more I developed myself, I was able to help persons channel their daily fustrations of the job out and help to make things easier. And I enjoyed being able to help these handle their issues. This became the underlining factor to my last day, when everyone was very vocal in expressing their gratitude for me being a listening ear, or understanding them from a far.

This allowed me to be convicted and I became the editor in chief of 3 small in-house publications which to my dismay did not live on to reach their true potential. However my consciousness to every one being a person with their own feelings was displayed in the show of affection I received to say goodbye.

I received a
gift voucher,
executive cross pen,
land wallet, pizza, icecream any many hugs and kisses,
Emails.

Way beyond my expectations. I felt truly felt good. It also gave me some insight to how I would want to be ultimately remembered. There was a specific feeling. Of how that would be like.
The type of legacy you would like to leave that could add value to the lives of others.
All in all it was a step into growth and I look forward to the next such milestone in my life.
Corey Graham
Sent via BlackBerry,


MSN:drenalinproductions@hotmail.com
YAHOO:drenalinproductions@yahoo.com
AIM:drenalinenergy

http://creativecorey.hi5.com

www.drenalinproductions.com/D'Studio

0 Responses